|Job Ref:||204662486||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||WN3||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
We are currently working with a leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancy working on projects in Renewables, Oil & Gas, Transport, Nuclear, Commercial and Property & Construction.|
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To undertake the design and detailing of cost effective and buildable structural solutions in relation to residential and commercial projects in traditional load-bearing masonry, in-situ reinforced concrete, structural steel and timber frame forms of construction.
• To assist in the development of cost and buildability appraisals and feasibility studies prior to detailed design.
• Responsible for working within agreed design budgets for timescales and costs associated with the structural elements of the scheme.
• To attend project team meetings with clients and other consultants and be able to present the structural scheme.
• To agree design programmes with senior staff and ability to understand and monitor critical path activities through to delivery of the scheme.
• To liaise with infrastructure engineers to ensure design work is coordinated in terms of design, timescales and budget.
• Responsible for support staff in relation to draughting work, design checking and the preparation and checking of calculations.
• Responsible for the submission and conclusion of approvals of completed designs and calculations for Building Regulations and other regulatory bodies, as required.
• Responsible for the development of the 'basis of design' brief for specialist supplier/subcontractor elements of a scheme and the subsequent checking, approval and issue of their designs and details for construction.
• Able to undertake structural design and detailing work using appropriate software programmes, as applicable (including Autocad, Revit, Strusoft FEM 3D, CADS 3D Max/RCBD/MWPD/Smart Engineer, TEDDS, Staad-Pro).
• Have a proactive approach.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative.
• Ability to control, monitor and report effectively against design cost budgets and programme.
• Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively.
• Effective communicator - orally, in meetings and in the written form.
• Wide and forward/lateral thinker with ability to solve problems effectively.
Essential Experience :
• Educated to HNC and/or Degree level.
• Possess a professional attitude with a minimum of 2 years of relevant design experience in consultancy.
• Familiar with relevant software packages.
• Working towards achieving professional qualification