|Job Ref:||204662403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
Salary: Circa £25,000
Purpose of the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
To carry out breakdown, scheduled routine and planned maintenance of the plant, equipment and machinery.
Maintenance Engineer / Fitter key tasks & responsibilities:
- Responding to plant problems and emergency breakdown situations and undertake specific engineering tasks
- Receive and issue Permits to Work and ensure engineering work is carried out to Health & Safety, Environmental and Engineering Standards
- Reporting any performed engineering work against plans
- Working to engineering standards
- Working in confined spaces
- Assisting with the training and coaching of team members when applicable
Maintenance Engineer / Fitter skills/experience:
- Good mechanical background - Time served
- Apprenticeship served or similar with practical experience of machining, bench fitting and mechanical assembly.
- Ability to work from technical drawings.
- Pneumatic experience.
- Proven experience of working as a mechanical Fitter in a technical environment within a high manufacturing environment.
Please note due to the high number of applications if you have not been contacted within 10 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on file for future roles