|Job Ref:||204662334||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||WN3||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
We are currently working with a leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancy working on projects in Renewables, Oil & Gas, Transport, Nuclear, Commercial and Property & Construction.|
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to Principal Engineer.
• Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
• Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
• Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
• Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
• Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
• Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
• In conjunction with the design team, assist in the scheme design / value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
• Maintain and develop technical or management capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
• Attend training seminars when relevant and present key points to colleagues.
• Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues.
• Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process to the latest design standards.
• Be aware of project deadlines and allocated time to work items.
• Self-motivated and ambitious.
• A good self-manager of time and work.
• Strong team player with an energetic outlook that motivates others.
• Understand and implement Designer's duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
• Experience in the production and preparation of Flood Risk Assessments desirable but not essential.
• Prior knowledge of the full engineering / development process.
Essential Experience :
• Experienced in the design of roads and sewers.
• Educated to degree or HNC level.
• Working towards professional qualifications.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
• On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures.
• Working knowledge of PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
• Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.
• Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th Edition
• Working knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual