|Job Ref:||204661834||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£40000/annum + Car Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
ROLE SUMMARY: |
The key purpose of the role is the production of detailed and accurate electrical designs & estimates for traditional & design & build projects throughout the UK. You will be required to work on a broad variety of major projects, across most sectors such as commercial and retail. Value of enquires will range between £500-£2,000,000.
• Control & manage the electrical enquiry workload in line with KPI's & deadlines.
• Liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers & Technical Designers to ensure high quality & detailed proposals are submitted in line with client requirements.
• To advise the Service Design Manager on any foreseeable issues with workload etc.
• Preparing all enquiries/designs for sign off at the relevant level in good time as to allow for changes to take effect within the deadline submittal date.
• Ensure all designs are to the latest industry standards.
• Act as Bid Manager as required & co-ordinate the various internal elements to ensure company standards are met all times.
• Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure the most competitive rates are used at all times.
• Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders.
• Taking off quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities.
• Producing complete electrical estimates using 'Estimation' Software.
• Ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct.
• Producing tender packages for subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in main bid.
• Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system.
• Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
• Follow all company standards with regards to estimating practices & procedures etc.
• As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings.
• Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project