|Job Ref:||204661823||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wokingham||Address:||Post Code:||RG40||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
* To undertake general Land, Measured Building, Verified View, Right of Light Surveys, etc.
* To be able to use the 3D Laser Scanner ON SITE. Assistance may be required for processing and drawing up.
* To be able to undertake basic setting out duties, from smaller, eg houses, to piles / profiles on larger sites. Includes understanding / installation of primary, secondary and tertiary control - and when to use each
* To work unattended on sensitive sites, on part time basis when required - covering for Senior Surveyors who may be on leave, etc. Following brief by Senior Surveyor, to be the clients survey representative, and to work with client. To be pro-active in suggestions of areas needing survey attention. Ie, verify a sub-contractors setting out, before a concrete pour, to avoid costly re-work. Mostly working from Senior Surveyors brief for the limited time you are on site.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To receive the job brief from the Survey Manager the evening before etc.
* To deliver the project to the survey brief on time and on budget.
* To liaise with client or client rep on site, for access, etc. If additional instructions are received on site, then to inform Survey Manager BEFORE undertaking those instructions.
* To carry out surveys (Land and bldgs) to project defined key milestones, budgets and timescales
* To understand and produce basic contouring, volumes and ground modelling using N4ce
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist with the training of Survey Technicians
* Undertaking simple instrument checks when required - 3 peg test, verifying collimation, checking bubbles (reporting errors, not necessarily fixing bubbles), etc.
* Good understanding of land and measured building surveying
* Good understanding of ground modelling, contouring, cut & fill volumes, etc, in preferably Key Terra-FIRMA and N4ce.
* Good understanding of Leica Geo-Office, N4ce and AutoCAD.
* Good understanding of Smartnet GPS site work and post processing.
* Ability to download instruments, process and draw up surveys as allocated by the Survey Manager
* Be able to use one man instrumentation, Smartnet GPS, 3D Laser Scanner, and all other survey instrumentation that the department uses