|Job Ref:||204667618||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum Excellent Bens||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
We are looking for a very capable Mechanical Design Engineer with very strong product development experience taking an idea from conception to Prototype to potential volume manufacture on a relatively rapid timescale. You will be joining an exceptionally gifted and friendly group of Design Engineers coming up with cutting edge solutions and designs for the next generation of technology products, from consumer to medical devices. You will become a leader in your field of Mechanical Engineering!!|
You will join a world leading R&D company with purpose built premises in Cambridge producing real products and solutions for applications ranging from consumer products to medical electronics and scientific instruments. They are also cash-rich so there's plenty of state-of-art equipment, huge training budgets and the salary/bonus/share packages are excellent!
Mechanical Design Engineer requirements:
* Solid academic background, with at least an 2.1 Degree in a relevant subject (eg Mechanical Engineer, Product Development, Robotics, Design Engineering, Mechatronics, etc)
* Commercial Mechanical design experience at least 2 years. (a must I'm afraid so no raw graduates please)
* Strong Mechanical design experience of novel and innovative products (ideal would be somebody with a background in medical or consumer product development, however other industry backgrounds will be considered especially from volume manufacturing)
* Knowledge of CAD Packages (eg Creo, Soldworks, solidedge, etc)
* Prototype development
* Knowledge of FEA modeling Beneficial
* Understanding of plastic moulding parts and tool design (particularly high volume) useful
* Knowledge of Tolerance analysis for mass production beneficial
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, fantastic benefits along with an excellent environment, all the latest tools and toys. You can expect plenty of variety with a constant flow of new projects to work on - boredom will never be an issue!
Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Bedford, North London, Cambridge, Stevenage, Harlow and Bury St Edmunds)
Salary: £35k - £55k + Bens
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached