|Job Ref:||204660795||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
Senior Quality Engineer|
As the lead authority on project quality related matters and activities you oversee Project Quality Engineers deployed within the integrated project delivery teams that are supplying high value bespoke engineered and manufactured products and solutions for the nuclear industry to;
* develop, communicate, enforce and maintain project quality strategies and plans to ensure varied and highly detailed customer quality requirements and expectations are understood, met and delivered over the full lifecycle of the projects,
* keep abreast of changes in requirements, standards and expectations and help facilitate these into the organisation,
* support other quality functional related activities and areas including the business management systems and operational quality teams.
Undertake and report on a wide variety of tasks within the project quality team. Tasks include but are not limited to;
* Define, Implement and Manage Quality related activity within projects such as;
* managing and influencing customer expectations, working closely with customers and demonstrating a high level of commercial awareness
* analysis and flow down of customer's specified contractual quality requirements ensuring that they are understood, communicated and embedded throughout the delivery process
* production of internal quality plans and procedures to meet customer and regulatory requirements
* providing supplier quality assurance e.g. review & approve supplier quality plans carrying out surveillance and final release activity
* ensuring compliance to quality plans and managing Project Lifetime Quality Records
* review and QA Approve documents e.g. Manufacturing and Test Documentation
* support design reviews
* support customer audits and inspections
* overseeing final release of finished product.
* liaising with customers and suppliers on quality concerns, surveillance visits, audits final release etc.
* control of supplied and despatched non-conforming items and applications for quality related concessions.
* act as in-house council to provide guidance and solutions to other internal functions when quality concerns and queries arise identifying QA associated risk or opportunities.
* measuring and reporting quality performance
* Identify and support Learning From Experience and associated Cost of Quality
QA input on Business winning activities;
* Contract review of quality requirements.
* Cost estimation of QA activity
* Formulate responses to tender questions relating to QA
* Support projects with functional planning within the master schedule, including the forecasting of hours and resource.
Contribute to other operational quality and business systems activities to ensure continuing compliance to ISO 9001,14001, other adopted standards and customer requirements;
* internally auditing to processes and customer requirements
* carrying out reviews, gap analysis and continuous improvement on business processes and related documentation.
* leading process problem solving, internal non-conformance control, root cause analysis and investigations
* conducting preventive action and quality awareness activities and initiatives
* assuring corrective actions arising from internal audit or operational non-conformances (defect occurrence), customer or 3rd Party Audits etc are carried through, are effective and closed out.
* Support Management Review activities e.g. Board Reports/Quality Reports and report to IPT and Functional Management
* Minimum HND/Degree or equivalent in a technical subject
* Must be able to understand technical engineering standards and specifications to be able to assure product and processes are conforming
* Sound knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001 (BS EN 14001 also useful)
* Minimum 5 years background experience in Quality Engineering ideally from nuclear, aerospace, or oil and gas engineering and manufacturing industry.
* Quality planning, change management and process development
* Data analysis, Investigation and Problem solving
* Technical Report writing and presentation
* QA tools and techniques such as Pareto, Fishbone, 5 why, Kaizen
* Self-motivated to be able to work with minimum supervision and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems and form working teams.
* Excellent team leader skills and experience for working with colleagues and customers at all organisational levels effectively and to build relationships and influence others to achieve key objectives
* High level of IT Skills; in particular Microsoft Office suite.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency