|Job Ref:||204660601||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Smethwick||Address:||Post Code:||B67||Salary:||£27872/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
Process Engineer |
£27,872 p/a + Shift Allowance (@ 23% and @ 42%)
Smethwick, West Midlands
We are currently working with a world leading steel and mining company, that supply quality steel products to a wide range of industries. We currently have a permanent opportunity for an Automation Engineer who will be reporting to the maintenance manager.
* Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
* Ensure that equipment is in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities;
* Diagnosing breakdown problems;
* Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly;
* Carrying out quality inspections on jobs;
* Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues;
* Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
* Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
* Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
* Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
* Improving health and safety policies and procedures;
* Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines;
* Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
* Knowledge of PLCs, preferably Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley
* Knowledge of Profibus and other networks.
* Understanding of Inverter and DC drives
* Experience of Press lines with conveyors and stackers for the sheet metal industry in automotive
* Use the CMMS system to log all machine downtime data
* Maintain the engineering stores system and order spares
* Liaise with customers and suppliers as appropriate
* Liaise with other areas of the business as required
* Support the rest of the business in Continuous Improvement activity
* First Line reactive maintenance
* TPM Schedules
* Computer literate
* Knowledge of CMMS systems
* Good communication and motivation skills
* ABB S4 Robot Experience
Desired Skills / Experience:
* Report writing.
* Laser welding experience.
* Knowledge of process related standards.
* Robotic experience.
* Engineering qualification.
* Recognised robotic programming qualification.
* 2 Shifts - Mornings & Afternoons
* 38hours per week
Hourly Rate of Pay:
* Day: £13.40
* Morning/Afternoon: Day Rate + 23% Shift Allowance
* Night: Day Rate + 42% Shift Allowance
* Overtime between 6am and 10pm Monday to Friday is paid @ Basic Rate + 33%
* Overtime between 10pm and 6am Monday to Friday is paid @ Basic Rate + 33%
* Overtime rates on a Saturday is paid @ Basic Rate + 50%
* Overtime rates on a Sunday is paid @ Basic Rate +50%
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency