|Job Ref:||204660563||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kettering||Address:||Post Code:||NN16||Salary:||£45000/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
We are currently supporting the recruitment of an experienced and proactive Engineering Production Manager to manage a team of design engineers and a production team for the design and manufacture of a wide range of test equipment.|
A move to a new production factory in 2017 gives opportunities for improved efficiency in operation. It is anticipated the role will evolve to include all aspects of the business including sales and marketing.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Mentor and support the three department team leaders (sales & logistics; technical & production) for the day to day operation of the department and for the development of new or enhanced products and improvements in the department operating procedures.
* Take a hands on role in the final stages of implementing and then operation of Factory Master MRP system.
* Working closely with the three team leaders, take time to understand the nature of their test equipment business and then, working together with the team, identify and implement production efficiency and quality improvements.
Skills and experience required:
* Good personnel management skills and experience are essential for the motivation and
development of the department team.
* Demonstrated change management skills with a proven ability to engage with the team and
bring them through a change program at the ground level.
* Experience of managing design and manufacturing teams.
* Appropriate engineering/ production qualification.
* Experience of engineering design, and/ or production management and product development.
* Systematic and analytical problem solving skills
* Hands on MRP user experience.
* Experience of the use of quality operating procedures to achieve high quality products and
maintain a high level of document integrity.
* Good customer facing skills and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Salary and benefits:
* Circa £45,000 +discretionary annual bonus (business performance related)
* Free parking
* Group personal pension
* Group income protection benefits
* 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
* Subsidised dining facilities