|Job Ref:||204660470||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Smethwick||Address:||Post Code:||B67||Salary:||£27872/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
Automation Engineer |
£27,872 p/a + Shift Allowance (@ 23% and @ 42%)
Smethwick, West Midlands
We are currently working with a world leading steel and mining company, that supply quality steel products to a wide range of industries. We currently have a permanent opportunity for an Automation Engineer who will be reporting to the maintenance engineering manager.
* Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
* Develop best practices routines and processes.
* Develop and submit process documentation.
* Perform risk assessments.
* Responsible for modification of machine programs to suit new equipment
* Liaison with other areas of the business as required
* Maintenance call out responsibility
* Support the rest of the Business Continuity Improvement activity
* Training of staff in robotics and PLC
* Setup of staff training program (PLC, robotics)
* Assist in the repair of robots and PLC's
* NPI industrialisation
* Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are adhered to
* Strong Programming experience including Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley PLC, ABB S4
* Robotics, Profibus and other topologies
* Process Improvement experience
* Experience of design, using AUTOCAD
* Experience of project management
* Supervisory experience
Desired Skills / Experience:
* Report writing.
* Laser welding experience.
* Knowledge of process related standards.
* Robotic experience.
* Engineering qualification.
* Recognised robotic programming qualification.
* 2 Shifts - Mornings & Afternoons
* 38hours per week
Hourly Rate of Pay:
* Day: £13.40
* Morning/Afternoon: Day Rate + 23% Shift Allowance
* Night: Day Rate + 42% Shift Allowance
* Overtime between 6am and 10pm Monday to Friday is paid @ Basic Rate + 33%
* Overtime between 10pm and 6am Monday to Friday is paid @ Basic Rate + 33%
* Overtime rates on a Saturday is paid @ Basic Rate + 50%
* Overtime rates on a Sunday is paid @ Basic Rate +50%
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency