|Job Ref:||204660187||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£10.00 - £16.87/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:03|
The role is to ensure production requirements are met in line with customer demand ensuring quality products are produced as a result of following quality standards and self-inspection throughout the process. You will be required to carry out welds on exhaust systems for our customer. You will be expected to follow SOP's to ensure that the system meets the requisite quality/customer requirements.|
The position incumbent ensures:
- Effectively ensures and checks whether existing standards are followed.
- Adherence to all health, safety and environment (HSE) rules.
- Apply Quality Basics on a daily basis.
- To apply standardized work and respect all operating instructions at workstation.
- To take ownership off and continually improves standardized work.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the processes and tasks assigned by the EPU Manager, Team Leader or assistant Team Leader
- Demonstrate internal and external customer awareness.
- Carry out other roles within the EPU providing they have the relevant skill set although their ultimate position will be a TIG welder.
- Flexible approach to fall in line with business requirements
- Ensuring compliance with local/global policies and procedures including, but not limited to, red box, first off, self-inspection, red box management, 5S (housekeeping, pride in your work and pride in your workplace area)
- Perform other duties as assigned which are considered to be a reasonable request
The shifts are rotating shifts.
They rotate from early shifts which start at 0600 to 1400, late shifts which start at 14:00 to 2200.
The hourly pay for the shifts are as follows:
- Early = £10 per hour
- Late = £11.25 per hour
There is an uplift on overtime when required.
The above shifts are on a fortnightly rotation.
Applicants must be flexible in their availability. Overtime is available when needed.
Welding certificates will need to be presented for successful applicants