|Job Ref:||204661411||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:03|
Senior Highways Engineer,Midlands|
Why Arup?Arup is a firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services NA are different to most other consultants. As we are employee-owned, we are not bound by shareholder or other external pressures, which allows us to be selective about the work we pursue, seeking out projects that will push, develop and engage our staff, and shape a better world.
Arup, Highways:We are a key player in the currently vibrant UK highways market, and our business is enjoying a period of significant growth. Working closely with our clients, we continue to take a whole-life view of project delivery and are proud to be in a position to provide a total design and advisory service. We have invested heavily in research and development initiatives to help understand the key forces driving the shape of our sector. This insight has enabled us to plan for a future which links highway design and management expertise with a rapidly expanding digital NA we are engaged in significant highways projects such as the M4 Corridor around Newport, the Forth Replacement Crossing and the A303 between Amesbury and Berwick Down. Client involvement includes Highways England frameworks such as CDF and SPaTS, the Smart Motorway Programme, and several design and build links with major contractors. Our expertise is also a critical component of a multidisciplinary offer on projects such as HS2 and Crossrail. Approximately 1200 staff work on highway projects in the UK each year, successfully delivering integrated, multidisciplinary projects for our clients.
The Role:We currently have several opportunities for experienced Senior Engineers to join our Highways business based at our Campus site in Solihull. You will join our growing highways team, which is around 70 people strong and delivers a wide portfolio of work from multi million pound projects for Highways England to designing small scale junctions for developers. As a Senior Highways Engineer with Arup, you will be part of a large team working on a major highway scheme reporting on a day-to-day basis to the Project Manager, or acting as Project Manager on small to medium scale projects. The role will combine a good technical understanding of highways design with the ability to deliver and manage whilst recognising quality, cost and time demands.
Day to day role of a Highways Engineer will include:
* Working independently and proactively on all aspects of highways works, including alignment, and drainage, at all stages from concept and feasibility through to detailed design and build
* Responsible for leading design teams and have responsibility for delivery to the specified cost, quality and programme
* Mentoring colleagues, including graduates, technicians and apprentices - providing guidance, training and feedback
* Preparing technical, commercial and progress reports, programmes and other documents to monitor, control and report progress to our clients
* Contributing to technical and financial responses for bids, tenders etc.
* Ensuring compliance with adherence to local Arup Management System Assurance procedures
* Input to business development activity to enhance and grow capability
* Travelling within the UK to other Arup & client sites will occasionally be required
* You will have design and management experience undertaking design packages as part of a major highway scheme, or leading on small to medium size projects. You will also have substantial experience in consultation, negotiations and meetings with clients, contractors, and third party authorities.
* Additionally we are looking for:
* Civil engineerChartered or Incorporated member of the ICE, CIHT or similar
* An excellent working knowledge and experience of applying relevant highway design codes (e.g. DMRB, AASHTO)
* Experience of the application of 3D highway design software packages (e.g. InRoads, MX) on major highways
* Solid experience in one or more areas of highways technical capability such as alignment, junction design, drainage, pavement, signs and road markings. A technical skill specialism would be an advantage, with a willingness to become a skills-champion
What we're looking for in you:You will have excellent leadership skills and be able lead the team to deliver service excellence at all levels. You will have great communication skills and be able to demonstrate highly effective networking skills and the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholder groups at a technical level.
Rewards & Benefits:We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits package in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial NA addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per NA is a place where creativity, innovation and exciting technical challenges are always possible; we are part of a team that enjoys what they do, embracing a unique culture. If you share our passion, why not talk to us about a rewarding career with Arup