|Job Ref:||204661279||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stonehouse Gloucestershire GL10 2BJ||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:03|
Test and Commissioning Engineer|
Summary of Position: - A skilled engineer with specific experience in the operation and testing of large rotating machinery. Able to develop test rigs / fixtures and fully instrument rotating machinery to ensure full compliance against design specification is achieved. Able to represent the company during off site installation and commissioning activities.
- Liaising with project engineers at an early stage of a projects life to accurately determine the testing requirements and establish whether existing equipment and facilities are suitable for testing and validation purposes.
- Working with project engineering staff to develop a test plan appropriate for the equipment to be tested. Erecting test equipment and installing test and monitoring equipment and connecting to prime movers with the support of company fitters as necessary.
- Levelling and alignment of test rigs, checking balance and preparing for test by installing support equipment such as coolers, heaters, hydraulic, pneumatic and nitrogen systems. Installation of guards and supports.
- Completion of pre-test checks and examinations and ensuring the health and safety of all staff in the test area.
- Running complete tests of equipment, including but not limited to; performance testing, power consumption tests, pressure, vacuum, heat and rotor / housing clearance checks. Monitoring equipment to ensure correct operation under all operating conditions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation pre, post and during performance and development testing. Writing accurate (technical) test reports and making recommendations for potential improvements or amendments to equipment to ensure compliance against specification.
- Acting as the company representative during factory acceptance tests and liaising with project staff, customers and inspectors. As required, presenting results to internal and external staff.
- Acting as the company representative during on site installation and commissioning of blowers and packages worldwide. Providing installation advice and as required aligning, making final connections and setting equipment to work.
Personal attributes: - A highly skilled and experienced electro mechanical engineer, with specific knowledge of the setting to work, operation, testing and commissioning heavy rotational machinery. Knowledge of development testing and a sound knowledge of testing protocols and equipment would be advantageous together with knowledge of instrumentation and control systems. Must have the confidence to complete site working and commission equipment worldwide which may include an element of customer training..
Forklift and lifting and slinging training an advantage.
Must be numerate and computer literate.
A person with a "can do" attitude who can demonstrate experience in some of the required attributes, may be considered on the basis of developing into the role