|Job Ref:||204661160||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£25000 - £27000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:03|
Location - Colchester/Ipswich|
Salary - £25, 000 - £27, 000
First Military Recruitment have a requirement for Service Engineers based in the Colchester/Ipswich area. This UK wide renewables energy company require a service engineer to conduct the maintenance, repair and upkeep of wind turbines.
1. Follow up errors and repair faults to maximise turbine availability for customers
2. Perform preventative maintenance according to service manual and carry out other maintenance as required to ensure turbines run to specification and meet manufacturers' warranties
3. Assist the Technical Support Manager and Operations Manager to analyse faults and establish solutions to maximise turbine availability
4. Work with Team Leader, Site Manager and Health and Safety Adviser to carry out all work in a safe manner in accordance with Senvion UK Health and Safety Management System, Wind Turbine Safety Rules and legislation
5. Participate in all Health & Safety Training, including First Aid, to enable emergency response assistance for colleagues when difficulties arise
Service Engineers will work in teams of 2 to 3, servicing 15-30 turbines. If a fault occurs, the PMS Centre will be alerted in Senvion SE in Germany. PMS will undertake remote monitoring and decide whether to call an engineer to site (engineers are on call from 6am until 8pm).
The Service Engineer will need to exercise technical judgement and decide whether the fault can be repaired safely within a reasonable timescale in the event of being called out, or whether to leave the job until the next day.
The Service Engineers will, from time to time, meet customers on site, so good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
The work is both technically and physically demanding. A Service Engineer is required to work at height in tough conditions; therefore a high level of physical fitness is essential.
The administrative side of the job is also very important and the role holder must ensure activities are documented and recorded using the company reporting system. Therefore, good written communication skills and computer literacy are required.
Close, effective working with colleagues and the Team Leader is critical due to remoteness of sites and Health and Safety responsibilities.
AL6 - Service Engineers
Location - Colchester/Ipswich