|Job Ref:||2016-12510||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Australian Antarctic Territory||City:||Brisbane||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:01|
Civil Engineer - Construction|
Job ID: 2016-12510
Area of Interest: EN - Contracting and Construction Services
Job Type: Full Time
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 9/20/2016
We are seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer with solid fieldwork experience to join our National Construction team based in the Brisbane office. You will be involved in a variety of technically challenging projects working alongside leading industry experts to mentor and guide you. This role will suit you if you have a particular interest in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects, conducting and supervising field work.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Work within the Brisbane Construction and Design team to lead the delivery of multidisciplinary projects for an array of local, national and international clients
* Support the preparation of project specific construction plans and construction programmes
* Lead by example and direct site activities in line with Golder, clients and Government Health, Safety and Environment requirements
* Under the guidance of the Site Manager, supervise and direct site labour, plant, equipment and the delivery of construction materials to complete the project on time and on budget
* Maintain record of site activities in line with Golder quality policies and procedures with focus on Quality Assurance and Quality Control
* Monitor changes to designs, assessing effects on cost and measuring, valuing and negotiating variations to designs
* Communicate progress of site activities to senior engineers and project managers
To be successful in this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent. You will be able to demonstrate your strong project management skills in a similar role and previous experience in medium and large civil infrastructure construction sites and QA/QC on earthworks and liner installation will be highly regarded. It is expected that you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for fieldwork. Previous consulting experience will be favourable.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates.
* Work life balance initiatives such as additional leave options.
* Corporate fitness programs and subsidised gym memberships.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. With offices worldwide, our employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
For more information or to apply, please visit NA
Apply Online - Golder's Australasia Region:
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS