|Job Ref:||2016-12421||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Ottawa||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12421
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 9/20/2016
Experience (Years): 6
Golder Associates is seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ottawa Operations.
Golder Associates Ltd. is a strong advocate of the team approach to undertaking projects and problem solving. Accordingly, the candidate will be expected to interface with and work in a team in which the contribution of each member is equally valued.
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities:
* Prepare of technical proposals and reports;
* Mentor and/or direct junior staff on projects;
* Design and manage geotechnical investigation programs of various scales;
* Assist in the development of client relationships;
* Undertake a wide variety of geotechnical designs that may include ground improvement programs, foundation design, stability assessments, retaining structures; and
* Potentially manage materials testing programs.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* University graduate with a degree in geotechnical, geological, or civil (geotechnical) engineering (Master's preferred);
* A minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience preferably in the local region;
* Strong written and oral communication (English) skills;
* Solid experience in business development and knowledge of the local market;
* Proven record of independent work and ability to work effectively within a team environment;
* Valid drivers license;
* Field experience is an asset and some travel will be required;
* Registration or Eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer.
In addition, to be successful at Golder you will demonstrate the following competencies: an ownership attitude; a client focus, technical excellence, judgement; communication skills; the ability to influence and mentor, innovation, leadership, and well-developed networking skills.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
Please note that only those who are deemed qualified will be contacted. No phone calls please.