|Job Ref:||2016-12505||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Whitby||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12505
Area of Interest: EN - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 9/20/2016
Experience (Years): 8
Golder Associates is seeking an experienced Environmental Engineer to join our dynamic Environmental team based in either our Whitby or Markham offices. This position will involve leading projects under the overall direction of senior team members, with the opportunity to assume increasing autonomy and responsibility.
Involved in a variety of environmental investigation projects, these projects will be related to Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments and contaminant hydrogeology, including the investigation, characterisation and remediation of contaminated sites.
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities which may include some or all of the following:
* Initiation and management of projects;
* Client service and business development;
* Executing technical work in areas of expertise;
* Presenting and representing at meetings;
* Preparing reports and proposals; and;
* Performing advanced data analysis and application of methodologies/techniques.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience is preferred, but consideration will be given to strong candidates who may not fulfil this requirement;
* Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma in Engineering, Hydrogeology or related discipline;
* Eligibility for Professional Registration in Ontario (PEO or APGO);
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate clearly with clients and deliver high quality service;
* Possess strong knowledge of hydrogeology and hydrogeological analysis;
* Possess strong knowledge of contaminant fate and transport, including solid background and experience in field investigation methods and techniques and the ability to support/direct field staff undertaking complex investigations;
* Demonstrated Project Management ability;
* Strong interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills essential;
* Hold a valid driver's license and have access to a reliable vehicle on a daily basis, with access to appropriate registration and insurance, as travel to a variety of locations not easily assessable by public transportation is possible;
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and adapt quickly, while managing a busy workload;
* Proven problem-solving skills;
* Enthusiastic, versatile, and willing to take on responsibility;
* Positive attitude and a strong work ethic;
* Ability to work outside standard business hours as required to meet project commitments, and ability to travel within and out of province occasionally;
* Demonstrating a "Safety-First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff; and,
* Maintaining a high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please.
We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.