Engineer - Building Enclosures - Los Angeles, CA|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, an award-winning and innovative multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm, has an opening for an Engineer with our Building Enclosures group in the Los Angeles, CA area. WSP|PB works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
The candidate may participate with management and guidance of project teams in performing Building Enclosure consulting services, including but not limited to the following:
• Work directly with Building Enclosures team on project deliverables and prospective business opportunities
• Perform analysis, design, peer review, and consultation of Building Enclosure systems, curtain walls, contemporary wall systems, roofing, below and above-grade waterproofing, parking structures, and other related construction
• Perform Building Enclosure related construction observations, administration, and evaluation of contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved
• Preparation and review of construction-related drawings, technical specifications, reports, and other construction documents related to the Building Envelope for new and existing building construction projects
• Observe and perform field functional performance testing and construction mockup design and consulting for Building Enclosure systems; observe and review laboratory testing and processes
• Participate in forensic investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options, building investigation reports, and other construction documents related to building investigations
• Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, product manufactures, and other consultants; provide technical advice to clients, discuss progress of work, and direct project teams
• Provide key technical design input parameters for the development of design and construction documentation
• Participate in building asset evaluation and management projects, including property condition assessment, reserve studies, pre-purchase surveys, and asset management for Building Enclosures
• Occasionally initiate, and regularly assist with marketing activities, participate in marketing presentations, and preparation of proposal and new project efforts as required or assigned
• Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems
• Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base and relationships
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving job site and field work are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
• Bachelor's or Master's degree (preferred) in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Building Science, or Construction Management or other construction-related discipline
• 3 to 5 years minimum work experience required in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Building Science, or Construction Management or other construction-related discipline
• Registered Engineer, Architect, or other applicable professional license preferred, or eligible for relevant registration
• Excellent communicator possessing strong writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
• Proven success managing and contributing to Building Enclosure related projects involving commercial and residential buildings
• In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for design, construction, and/or repair of building envelopes, waterproofing, cladding systems, roofs, parking structures, and other related construction
• Interest in innovative design, specifically in renewable energies and sustainable, and high performing buildings
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Office Suite, and related programs is preferred
• Experience in LEED, high performance buildings, building science analytics and building science modeling software, such as WUFI, THERM or energy modeling software is a plus
• Personal commitment to green issues/sustainability
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|PB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation