|Job Ref:||GAR16-5879||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Summary: This position manages and coordinates integrated project plans, including implementation schedules and resource estimates for production and maintenance related projects. Directs, coordinates and facilitates multiples business process engineering activities to enhance the company's production, maintenance, and administrative processes to improve efficiency of operations by performing the following duties...|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Designs, documents and maintains manufacturing processes on new and existing product lines.
• Manages, coordinates and facilitates multiple engineering and process improvement initiatives related to enhancement of the production and maintenance systems and processes.
• Provides strategic, expert advice and consultation on the design and implementation of effective administrative and business processes to include process analysis, design, engineering, and organization efforts.
• Participates on and/or facilitates various committees and teams to support and enhance company goals and objectives.
• Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
• Determines equipment and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according with product specification.
• Develops integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and cost estimates for major, long term projects; prepares and manages annual budgets and performs periodic cost and productivity analysis.
• Communicates regularly with senior management and administration regarding the status of current project initiatives; obtains management guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
• Design new and maintain existing engineering designs for gaging and production fixturing
• Provide cost estimates for manufacture of new and existing product lines.
• Provide technical engineering support to manufacturing operations, quality, maintenance, supply chain through procurement, and Programs Office.
Job Dimensions (Budget, Staff, Work Environment, etc.):
• Reports to Director, Manufacturing and Engineering
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Skill in organization resources and establishing priorities, knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools; advanced verbal and written communication skills, ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, perform in depth work analyses, and develop computer generated flow charts, ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operation needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions, ability to develop project budgets and projections, group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills, skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Understanding of the Lean Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing concepts
• CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks), Modelling (Geomagic Studio), SPC and SPC software such as Synergy, Minitab)
• Familiar with ladder logic and CNC code
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Cost estimating
• Project management
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in applicable field of study from an accredited university, industry certification
Excellent communication skills, Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
5 to 10 years equivalent work experience in a heavy manufacturing such as forging, metal fabrication or machining.