Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||jo-purch||Employer:||Adecco||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Salary:||£13 - 20||Post Date:||21/09/2016 15:13|
Finance or Engineering Graduates required for Purchasing Specialist ongoing contract role in Maidenhead: |
The purchasing specialist will work closely with the Procurement teams, Operations teams, and/or engineering teams to create and share should cost analyses. The analyst will be responsible to review technical specifications and commercial requirements to create a bottoms-up cost model for all required materials, process steps, and margin. The analyst should fully understand best in class technologies manufacturing processes and be able to quantify the process and cost trade-offs between them. They should have excellent presentation skills to enable them to present their results to a broad audience (both technical and commercial). The specialist should be able to perform a gap analysis between their analyses and a supplier's stated cost structure to identify the largest opportunities for improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
* Review / decipher technical specifications
* Create process maps to meet all technical and commercial requirements
* Estimate cost of material, labour, equipment & scrap for each process step
* Review analysis with subject matter experts and make necessary adjustments
* Present the analysis to procurement
* Conduct a gap analysis between the initial analysis and data submitted by suppliers
* Assist procurement in negotiations as a technical expert
* Performing supplier analysis.
* Spend analysis and cleansing on spend data
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Application Engineering, Quality Control or related operational functions.
3. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of manufacturing process.
4. Excellent business/financial acumen.
5. Excellent written and oral English language skills
6. Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time
1. Procurement experience, supply chain or commercial experience including experience leading teams.
2. Supply Chain experience
3. Proven skills in driving change, including strong change Acceleration Process skills.
4. Experience implementing a compliant supply chain.
5. Lean training/certification.
6. Solid working knowledge of critical tools (Excel, SAP)
7. German speaking skills an advantage but not essential
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.