Morson International is recruiting for an Electrical engineer to cover the Oldham area, this role is a 6 Months contract with a view to extend. The role is to assist the Building Services team to deliver high quality services through Technical Excellence. To provide inspection, implementation and control of maintenance, alterations and refurbishments to Commercial properties. To assist with the design and project delivery across a wide range of projects.|
- Undertake when requested inspections and surveys of properties to establish repair order details and log/update accurately in the Property Asset Management System.
- Performance management of contractors to ensure appropriate execution of responsive repairs and project work when completed to ensure a satisfactory standard.
- To ensure that all works are dealt with efficiently, effectively and economically within agreed targets, budgets and programmes, ensuring client approval is sought to any variations.
- To pro-actively monitor and report the progress of work to ensure quality of all works and projects are completed within the timescales and costs agreed.
- To obtain and manage the costs of works by applying schedule of rates, obtaining estimates, quotations, tenders or through Term Maintenance or Framework Agreements as required.
- To assist with compiling full project/tender packages ensuring professionalism and delivery of technical excellence, adopting current industry solutions and legislative compliance whilst also adhering to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems (SHEQ).
- Assist with tender evaluation and award of contract, inspect/approve methods statements and supervise contractor works, to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and associated codes of practice and to ensure technical excellence.
- Carry out periodic condition surveys in accordance with relevant criteria ensuring that all property data collated and inputted into the Property Asset Management System is sufficiently detailed, accurate and consistent.
- To contribute to interactivity between service areas, including the wider Mouchel group to ensure collaborative working and contractual delivery of work plans.
- Must proactively demonstrate at all times a commitment to high levels of customer service and care concerning internal and external clients, plus the general public. (Including fulfilling role of Liaison officer.)
- Sound Electrical Building Services experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Project supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Building Energy Management systems
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of regulations, legislation, codes of practice and current design standards applicable to Electrical building services installations
- Experience within a multi-disciplinary professional environment in the design/management/maintenance of buildings and have knowledge of building contracts and standard ordering procedures.
- Awareness of the issues and processes within area of business.
- Extensive inspection/management experience.
- Experience of producing stock condition surveys to commercial buildings.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of the M&E Service's industry, contracts and related legislation.