|Job Ref:||EMP374767||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000/year||Post Date:||12/10/2016 21:30|
A Project Engineering position has arisen with our client, a small UK team whose parent company is a major German manufacture of piston reciprocating compressors. |
Project or CAD experience
• Technical support for the spare parts quote and order team to interrogate customer’s requirements and advise what needs to be quoted by the spares team.
• Engineering support for the sales team to provide tendering for specific projects and packages.
• The above will include collaboration with sub suppliers and internal purchasing to ensure the correct parts are specified and purchased.
• Build up specifications and bill of materials to allow manufacture of the products,
• Coordinate with our QA to ensure the quality of the products is in accordance with PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) and any relevant laws and regulations applicable to our products.
• Provide design support using CAD to produce General Arrangement Drawings and P&ID’s of the system.
• Provide design functions using CAD for packaging of equipment – designing underframes and pipework systems to manufacture of small packages of compressors, receivers, dryers etc. mobile trailer systems.
• Certain design calculations
• Oversee design and build stages within the manufacturing department.
• Any other areas associated with projects that maybe required in accordance with the requirements of the management
Our client are increasing their position in the market by moving into larger premises. This position is a new position and the successful candidate will be expected to work with the MD to develop this area of the business over the next 2 years. The successful candidate will require:
a) A sound engineering background in a related field with a formal engineering qualification at degree level or HNC/D etc.
b) The position is mainly UK office based. But some travel maybe required within the UK to support the sales function or our parent company in Germany.