Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that's shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it's our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on quality, leading-edge projects that drive your career forward. |
We are currently looking to recruit a PMO Procurement Specialist (m/f) for our team in Derby, UK.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Providing support on tasks in PMO, Commodity Buying, Supplier Performance, Project Procurement and Inventory Management, such as governance and reporting, process improvement, IS tools development and deployment and ad-hoc activities.
Ensure procurement's compliance with mandatory and standardised processes. Implement and maintain various improvement initiatives to ensure harmonisation of processes and promote best practices.
Strong emphasis on Inventory and logistics processes and tools
- Provide data analysis based on the BT mandated tools e.g. SAP, Supplier Portal, SMIS, VCM BI, SharePoint.
- Support the procurement teams with standard data analysis reporting.
- Provide benchmark analysis.
Governance and Reporting
- Support the deployment of standard BT processes and tools. Particular emphasis on logistics ad materials management.
- Provide process and tools training for the procurement team.
- Analyse procurement processes for compliance.
- Identify and implement improvement activities to ensure optimum use of procurement resources and compliance with procurement rules and regulations
- Maintain process documents
- Support the deployment of Third Party Logistics in Derby Site
- Support routine reporting with the Procurement organisation
- Prepare KPI's to measure procurement performance, in particular supplier performance, materials and logistics management, procurement savings etc.
- Prepare procurement presentation material
- SAP Key User responsibility.
- Attend and contribute into the SAP Key User forum.
- Interface with IS and other function to develop and implement BT mandated tools.
- Support the organisation of events e.g. Supplier Days.
- Provide support for all procurement audits.
Posting date: 17.10.2016
- Educated to al least 5 GCSE, including Maths and English
- Experience of using SAP on an advance level
- Experience in Procurement and / or Logistics Management would be an advantage (required, but not essential)
- Some practical experience of process analysis and application of improvement techniques e.g. workflow analysis, value stream mapping, fishbone diagrams etc.
- Strong attention to details
- Strong reporting skills
Closing date: 16.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37