|Job Ref:||1618551||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westminster||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:11|
COMPANY OVERVIEW |
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order.
We are looking for a talented Electrical Engineering intern to join our R&D team in Westminster, MA!
Roles & Responsibilities
Depending on the candidates’ engineering specialties, job duties may include the following:
• Design and test new product concepts.
• Prepare project documentation including test plans and drawings.
• Troubleshoot electrical designs and develop solutions for these problems.
• Apply continuous improvement principles to increase efficiency and product innovation.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
• Qualified engineering majors: Electrical
• Previous business internship/co-op experiences.
• Coursework in analog, digital electronics.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Strong analytical ability to solve problems and ability to learn quickly
• Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports
• Ability to follow a structured project management process including document meeting minutes, action items, and monitor progress.
• Assignment starts June 2017, must be able to start within this timing.
ABOUT JCI’S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at NA