|Job Ref:||1618517||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Irvine||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:11|
COMPANY OVERVIEW |
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Tyco Retail Solutions, a unit of Johnson Controls, is a leading global provider of integrated retail performance and security solutions, deployed today at more than 80 percent of the world's top 200 retailers. Customers range from single-store boutiques to global retail enterprises. Over the past 40 years, our retail solutions have kept hundreds of millions of people safe. Our Sensormatic electronic article surveillance (EAS) products have protected more than 80 million products in the past decade, making it the most trusted brand in retail loss prevention. Operating in more than 70 countries worldwide, Tyco Retail Solutions provides retailers with real-time visibility to their inventory and assets to improve operations, optimize profitability and create memorable shopper experiences.
Tyco Retail Solutions offers an excellent working environment in addition to a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We are looking for top-notch Early Career Talent to join the team and make a significant contribution to our growing R&D Engineering Team!
The Johnson Controls Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a two -year program designed to help top engineering talent develop their technical skills through two rotational assignments across the engineering organization. During each assignment, EDP engineers participate in technical, leadership and on-the-job training. Participants will also be involved with projects and initiatives that directly impact our strategic operations and business growth. This position requires the ability to relocate for assignment rotation.
• Implement new features and enhancements to the platform.
• Take ownership for the implementation of sub components of the system.
• Contribute to the deployment and installation of the platform.
• Participate in design and architecture meetings.
• Fix software defects on the platform.
• Talented Senior pursuing BS degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Strong knowledge of Java or C#
• Experience working with object models.
• Experience working with JEE technologies a plus.
• Experience working with cloud technologies a plus.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Hands-on contributor and team player.
• Self-motivated and drives for results.
• Possesses a sincere passion for learning, staying current with fast moving technologies, and dabbles with technical hobbies in his/her spare time.
ABOUT JCI’S CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at NA