Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Construction Manager- Simplexgrinnell
About the role
- Coordinate, manage and complete multiple concurrent turn-key projects of varying size
- Attend contractor’s project meetings and maintaining accurate records of meetings, schedules, and requests
- Manage project budgets and bring the project in at the dollars and hours allotted to the job, interact with the district sales staff to confirm labor estimates on new and retrofit projects
- Will identify project change orders
- Anticipate and identify problems early and implements solutions
- Assist with collecting on project invoices and resolving disputes
- Monitor district performance, resolves problems, fine-tunes plans to changing conditions and report difficulties
- Ensure compliance with project closeout requirements, AHJ approvals, customer training and closeout documentation
- Assist in proposal activities, selection of subcontractors, maintain project documentation, control equipment allocation and project manuals
- Retain copies of contracts, change orders, special commitments, ship dates, completion dates and other elements necessary to monitor the project
- Maintain a set of report and working drawings where applicable, consulting with local building inspectors, interfacing with owner/customers
- Conduct construction meetings, maintain safety program, arrange equipment delivery, scheduling and change order management and project close-out documentation
#externalRewards and Benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 10 years documented experience in either or both high and low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements
- Overnight travel may be required
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Ability to lead & work well with team members
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes