Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
Location: This role can be located at a current Manufacturing site or major business center.
The Operational Excellence Regional Manager will report to the Director, Operational Excellence (legacy Tyco), and works day-to-day with the Operations teams and his/her respective plants. This role serves as a Business Partner for respective plants to support deployment of the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS), share and receive business practices and to ensure the "One JCI Way".
This person ensures successful deployment and use of the JCMS by developing people and driving process improvements to reach benchmark KPI levels in the different functional areas, ensuring maturity model assessment and coaching to foster the mindsets and behaviors required to become the most operationally capable company.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and sustain performance improvement to our nine JCMS principles and maturity model.
- Partner with Plant Managers and Process Excellence (PE) leaders in driving improvements and in adoption of our enterprise maturity model, objectives and standards.
- Supports development of plant long term gap closure and project roadmaps. Oversee, plan & forecast improvement targets & assumptions. Drive year over year improvements.
- Identify, prioritize and leverage high impact best practices and ensure alignment to the business unit strategy & JCMS priorities.
- Serve as Principle Lead for specific JCMS Principles
- Lead PE training events as needed. Coach participants to successful project closure and certification
- Develop plans for PE training to support successful certification. (Lean, Six Sigma, Problem Solving etc)
- Lead JCMS Acceleration events, support action plan development and closure
- Serve as SME to coach plant principle champions and assist plants in effective JCMS action planning process.
- Conduct objective 2nd Party JCMS Assessments to ensure a sustained improvement in maturity. The frequency will be aligned with the Enterprise JCMS Work instruction.
- Selection, development and succession of PE professional resources.
- Ensure the proper use of Six Sigma, lean and problem solving methods.
- Fully connect and collaborate with SMEs to drive technical coaching to the plant teams
- Drive enthusiasm and passion for JCMS within the Operations team.
- Facilitate & coach improvement teams on proper usage of BBP (Business Best Practice) metrics to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Support BBP benchmark events to drive best practices and to network with the Manufacturing Excellence team to improve common processes and products.
- Align with support functions to optimize resource utilization and full business alignment. (ie: Adv Mfg Engineering, Global Safety/Environmental, Materials, Logistics, etc...)
- Monitor performance metrics to measure success as a group and by plant to ensure quality, cost and efficiency goals are met.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University. Master’s Degree desired.
- Certification in Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean and Problem Solving is preferred. (BB within 2 years)
- Demonstrated experience directing and leading process excellence projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading large cross functional teams; strong project management skills
- Must possess the ability to facilitate working groups and training sessions with strong presentation and training skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in training PE practitioners at the green belt and black belt levels
- Influencing ... Exhibits effective influencing techniques to ensure plant management and the team’s understanding, acceptance and active involvement in JCMS. Leverages data to facilitate change.
- Network ... builds relationships easily throughout the organization
- Motivated ... internally inspired to get things done. Enjoys solving problems with a “can do” attitude.
- Role model.....consistently displays and recognizes the mindsets and behaviors expected from the organization. Drives a continuous improvement culture.
- Lean aptitude ... Has led a lean transformation to include value stream mapping and hands-on coaching to achieve the future state.
- Willing to travel up to 75%.