A world of opportunity awaits you|
Project Coordinator (Lake Oswego, OR)
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
About the role:
- Assist senior project managers and sales representatives in project managing SimplexGrinnell projects including fire alarm, security, communications and sprinkler systems in Commercial, Educational and Industrial facilities.
- Customer satisfaction through coordination and communication.
- Document tracking.
- Prepare written documentation for customer correspondence, transmittals, reports, warranty letters, packing lists, etc.
- Administering and tracking of all electronic construction project change orders and material releases. Includes the release, tracking, expediting and resourcing of SimplexGrinnell manufactured material and equipment.
- Administering district purchase orders to vendors for construction projects. Includes creation, communication, expediting and tracking of purchased equipment and material.
- Administering invoice management from vendors and verifying receipts to invoiced amounts.
- Delivery coordination of material with warehouse staff including documentation and scheduling.
- Project closeout coordination including document control, checklist and closeout meetings.
- Attend work in progress meetings.
- Develop personal tools to track and monitor projects.
Who we’re looking for:
Rewards and benefits
- High school Diploma or GED. 2 or 4 year business degree preferred.
- 5 or more years in a high-volume, customer service oriented position. Experience in a construction related industry preferred.
- Ability to work 7:00AM – 4:00PM, Monday through Friday and overtime as required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Proficiency with PC’s and Microsoft’s suite of Office software including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and databases.
- Successful background check and drug screen
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
For Additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.