|Job Ref:||141370BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:48|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
Our Building Services team are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the Building Engineering team to support the design of a number of London commercial and residential projects, to be based in our London office.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-motivated person who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and who wants to make a difference in the electrical field of building services. We are specifically looking to appoint an Electrical Engineer who has knowledge and experience in relevant areas, is familiar working closely with clients and bidding winning and delivering major London projects.
About the team:
Our building services team consists of 400 people nationwide. The mechanical and electrical engineers we have in our team specialise in healthcare, education, sports, and leisure. We are market leaders on large international projects, as well as working closely with the local community.
• Receive brief from Senior Management, be able to contribute
to the project management and electrical design.
• Help to assess staff requirements at each work stage, agreeing
these with the Project Manager and be able to manage single disciplinary and
• Attend progress, design team and co-ordinate meetings.
• Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the
• Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors,
respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
• Attend tender / client interviews.
• Attend site inspection meetings.
• Ensure the project work complies with the Project
Management Plan and Programme.
• Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other
contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
• Be competent with electrical engineering calculations
(Amtech, Dialux, Hevacomp).
• Understand and implement AECOM's Safety Health and
• Obtain the necessary information both internally and
externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the
design to proceed. Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
• A good technical understanding of electrical building services for commercial and residential developments
• Significant track record of leading design teams.
• Experience in project and client management within a defined fee budget and program.
• Experience in identifying and winning new work and building client relationships.
• Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.