|Job Ref:||143183BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:39|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for Bridge Engineers to join our centrally located Cardiff office, which has an established track record of successfully delivering major transport schemes.
Our Cardiff office has strong transport links and accommodates a multi-disciplinary transportation design central. The team provides include feasibility studies, scheme designs, detailed designs, assessments, inspections, construction support and management services on a wide range of bridges and transport projects including highway and railway schemes. The team is involved in local, national and international work with a variety of clients both from the public and private sector including design & build partnerships with contractors.
Some of the projects our Cardiff office is currently working on includes:
• Severn Bridge.
• Network Rail bridge maintenance inspections and assessments.
• Northern Hub & Electrification.
• South Gloucestershire Structures Framework.
• Inspection, testing, feasibility and design schemes of railway & highway footbridges.
• The independent design checking of major steel-concrete composite highway bridges.
As a Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
• Assist with the development of design concepts, carrying out detailed design where appropriate.
• Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
• Liaise with CAD Technician for production of drawings.
• Plan and carry out site inspections of structures.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.
• Assist with fee proposals.
• Analysis and detailed design of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Report writing and production of technical reports and documents.
• Relevant experience in design of bridges and other transportation structures.
• Relevant experience in inspection and assessment of bridges and other transportation structures.
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent.
• Graduate member of ICE or IstructE, and on route to gaining Chartered status.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.