Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Construction Manager for immediate employment in Moffett Field, CA. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Oversees the administration of multiple construction projects encompassing all phases of the construction project cycle. Decisions made with understanding of procedures, professional standards, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, delegates assignment to subordinate managers
- Reviews objectives to determine success of operation
- Develops, modifies, executes company policies that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Supervise, provides guidance to, develops procedures for and coordinates technical efforts of construction management activities and personnel under his/her direction on a day-to-day basis, within a concurrent multiple construction project environment
- Monitors project and staff to ensure that projects are progressing according to established procedures and cost, schedule, quality and client satisfaction objectives
- Interfaces and coordinates with project designers, contractors and client stakeholders/resources on meetings, schedules and issues and to ensure that procedures are followed
- Prepares reports and project photos for project manager or client indicating procedure adherence and project progress
- Ensures periodic inspection of construction activities and compiles noncompliance reports as appropriate
- Ensures that contractors are in compliance with permitted project plans and specifications
- Reviews, coordinates and prepares responses for submittals and RFIs
- Monitors quality of work done by contractors and quality of materials used on-site
- Evaluates progress of each project phase to determine if time schedules and cost objectives are being met
- Administers information document flow during the construction cycle, from and to designers and contractors, and ensures timely appropriate responses and actions accordingly
- Assists client with change order and claims process with contracted parties and ensures sound contract management practices are employed
- Strives to ensure project time and cost objectives are met
- Assists in marketing and participate in project acquisition
- Manages CM group staff and project resource demands and takes steps in advance to accommodate variable staffing demands
- Trains, mentors and develops staff
- Maximizes profit while minimizing risk
- Implements and follows AECOM Quality Assurance Program procedures and AECOM Management PM/CM Manual
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 10 years' of related building engineering, medium and high voltage electrical and mechanical inspection and construction management experience, including field experience
- 5 years' experience in a supervisory role
- Registration or licensing as an Architect or a PE required
- Experience managing all phases of very complex large projects
- Has direct experience with construction inspection procedures, including ICBO and other certifications
- Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong knowledge of construction ways, means, methods, and sequences
- Knowledge of computer software (MS Excel, Word and Project)
- Familiarity with use of electronic construction management software (e.g. SharePoint, Box) to manage submittal review, RFI review, inspection records and requests, and project documentation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsive to changing demands
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Forward thinking, and has ability to work under pressure
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.