Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
- Manage projects including preparation and supervision of all deliverables and resources to meet contract requirements in line with project plans.
- Development of project Health and Safety Plans, Job Safety Analysis etc;
- Maintain regular contact with clients and regulators to identify client needs, regulatory issues and trends.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with clients to enhance client retention and growth.
- Maximize efficiencies through proactive management and scheduling of staff and project resources to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- Undertake sections of multi-faceted projects in collaboration with senior staff.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve clients / project requirements and ensure maintenance of high technical standards.
- Prepare reports, proposals, tender documents and regular client correspondence.
- Undertake project invoicing and cash flow management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for RS team and business growth.
- Undertake peer review of technical and editorial content of deliverables both in Thai and English
- Undertake ad hoc project related tasks as required which may include; studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, presentations, and legislation research
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with internal and external stakeholders including, AECOM management, project staff, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and the community to enhance working relationships and outcomes
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you are expected to have and/or demonstrate:
- A passion for growth and independent learning to achieve your goals;
- A focused health and safety mindset;
- Demonstrable time and task management and strong communication and negotiation skills with team members and clients;
- 8 to 10 years industry experience in contaminated land assessment and management, preferably working within a consulting environment;
- A relevant University Degree/s in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental science or environmental engineering;
- Experience in:
- The assessment, management and remediation of greenfield and brownfield sites;
- Project management including proactive task planning, management and financial tracking;
- Supervising and oversight of field teams and subcontractors;
- Effective data management and interpretation skills, including review and checking of delivered data for quality control purposes in accordance with DQO standards;
- Report writing skills, including ability to evaluate chemical and physio-chemical parameters, evaluate nature and extent of contamination, and draw conclusions
- Strong field skills, including experience sampling and monitoring a variety of media, including soil, groundwater, surface water, via a variety of methods that produce accurate and representative results. Additional experience in sampling sediments, soil vapour, landfill gas and leachate is advantageous;
- Experience in logging soil bores using USCS or similar systems and development of accurate and representative borelogs. Knowledge of soil logging programs is advantageous;
- Experience in installing groundwater monitoring wells in shallow unconfined and/or deeper confined aquifers, utilizing aquifer protection methods where identified, via various drilling methods;
- Experience in the analysis and presentation of environmental data that is fit for purpose and meets the expectations of stakeholders and project needs via a range of data management and presentation systems, as tables, graphs, histograms, trends diagrams, iscontours etc to succinctly and clearly support project requirements
- Working knowledge of the Thailand legislation on contaminated land (highly regarded)
- 24 or 40-hour HAZWOPER training (preferred, but not required)
- A passion for growth and independent learning to achieve your goals
- A focused health and safety mindset
- Demonstrable time and task management and strong communication and negotiation skills with team members and clients
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.