Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||89a4722627||Employer:||Direct Solutions - Canada||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Toronto||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:26|
Reports To: Director, Site Operations
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: GTA, TBD
Start Date: Fall 2014
Provide overall on-site management, administrative and technical direction on construction project site. Enforce company and project policies and ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. The Site Superintendent will perform all functions and responsibilities in keeping with Dominus' values, principles and beliefs.
• As a member of the Project Site Team, your duties include being in charge of all on-site construction activities on a daily basis
• Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget
• Contribute to the development of a construction plan and to manage subcontractor activities
• Assure construction compliance with design requirements
• Supervise and coordinate field engineering and construction activities
• Assure compliance with project construction schedule budgets and assume responsibility for putting the proper systems in place to deliver project on time and on budget
• Ensure project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards
• Ensure the implementation of Dominus' Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
• Document and report all injuries, fill out Notice of Injury/Accident Report
• Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in mitigating and resolving such conflicts
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
• A construction related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
• A minimum of six years construction experience
• Must have worked on a project worth over $100 million from beginning through to occupancy
• Must have High rise residential experience
• Ability to lead and evaluate trade performance is essential
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related staff and the community Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is a must
• Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume to NA (please quote Site Superintendent - SSHR-072014 in subject line). Please submit your resume by August 30, 2014.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dominus is a multifaceted Development Manager & Construction Manager, currently operating in the Southern Ontario market. Dominus is recognized as an outstanding builder, dedicated to producing the highest quality products and services, while remaining mindful of the need for being sensitive to community and environmental concerns. Dominus believes that it's comprehensive approach to providing a myriad of services will enable the company to continue to have a competitive advantage and a strong foothold in the marketplace.
In addition, the company's outstanding management team with extensive backgrounds in construction and development management will enable the company to successfully execute its plan. Dominus' excellent management team has a reputation for delivering superior results. Through a network of strategic alliances and partnerships, combined with in-house expertise, management has in a relatively short period of time adopted a leadership role in the industry.