What is the purpose of this role?
Amey have secured an exciting £40million Smart Metering contract with EDF. We will require 60 Dual Fuel Installers in the North East and 80 Dual Fuel Installers in the East of England over the next 3 years.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a passion for working with Amey in providing a first class service and delivery of EDF's Smart Meter programme.
Experienced Dual, Gas or Electric qualified installers isn't a given - we are interested in training new starters into the industry. All you need is the drive and commitment in wanting to learn and show positive behavioural attributes.
What will this role involve?
Promote a safety culture and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and Meter Operators Code of Practice Agreement
- Installing Smart gas meters in line with company and industry standards
- Installing Smart electric meters in line with company and industry standards
- Completing testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice, fully reinstating appliances after job completion
- Collecting and depositing meters to/from the designated storage facility
- Advise customers of the benefits of Smart meters and how their Smart meters will work
Do you have what it takes?
- Gas and electrical testing and procedures needed to establish the condition of the equipment and installation and the actions needed as a result of the tests
- Gas and electrical theories and procedures involved in the practical application of installation, exchange, commission and repair of metering systems and associated equipment and communication systems
- Current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations applicable to work in the gas and power industries
- Install, exchange, commission and repair metering systems, associated equipment and communication systems in accordance with industry standards
- Work with focus and clear purpose in all conditions and locations, covering business requirements, usually working alone and safely adapt working methods to reflect changes in working environments
- Work on customer premises/property showing appropriate care and respect
- Use tools, equipment and PPE in a safe and appropriate manner
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining safety standards and achieving job objectives
- Use a variety of appropriate communication methods to interact with customers and others to give/receive information accurately, in a timely, positive and professional manner
- Identify that situations or conditions are to standards and take appropriate actions within your range of competency
- Achieve individual and team tasks which align to overall work objectives, be self-motivated and disciplined in the approach to work tasks
- Prepare and sequence equipment and tasks in the order prescribed in relevant operational standards or according to a specific regulations or set of rules
What are we looking for?
- Have the safety of customers and ourselves as priority
- Company rules, policies and procedures as defined by the employer
- Be energy aware and deliver appropriate advice to customers on energy efficiency
- Work effectively with people from different trades/disciplines, backgrounds and expertise to accomplish an activity safely and on time and meet customer requirements
- Deliver a polite, courteous professional service to all customers and members of the public whilst safeguarding customer welfare and recognising vulnerability
- Be risk aware showing the desire to reduce risks through systematic monitoring & checking information and the strict compliance with appropriate rules and regulations
- Gas CCN1 MET1 REGT1
- MET4 optional
- Electric Single & Multi Rate 3 phase MOCOPA & DNO authorised