Hourly Rate Bands £8.01 - £8.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Café Supervisor is required to work within a cafe within a retail store based in Farnborough GU14. Position reports directly to the Café Manager. You will be responsible for the smooth planning and delivery of the day to day hospitality functions within a highly customer focused environment.
As the onsite Supervisor you will be required to work 30 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days, between 8.30am and 6.30pm.
- Assist the Café Manager in ensuring the day-to day operations of the café
- Ensure the café is effectively managed and provides excellent standards of customer service and high quality products at all times.
- Ensure staff deliver positive, friendly and efficient service and respond to complaints and queries.
- Ensure all staff maintain company standards when carrying out café assistant duties, including serving customers, making food and drinks and cleaning the café.
- Ensure the health and safety of staff and customers in the café; promote high levels of cleanliness and hygiene at all times and ensure the maintenance of equipment and machinery by reporting issues to the café manager.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Maintain financial systems, including cashing up each day, securing takings in the safe and managing expenditure, including petty cash.
- Supervise deliveries, including checking of delivery notes and verification of delivered goods. Notify the manager of any discrepancies, quality issues of price changes.
- Assist the café Manager with regular stock-takes and audits as required
- Assist in the induction, training and supervision of catering staff
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous Catering experience within a same/similar environment
- Supervisory experience essential
- Basic skills training, e.g. Food preparation, Basic Food Hygiene is Desirable
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required
- Hard working and energetic
- Excellent people skills and be a team player
- Passion about food and customer service
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time management
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.