Hourly Rate Bands £9.01 - £9.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
As this is an active high profile theatre interaction with the public is one of the main aspects of this position. Out of hours is a normal security role looking after the building and all departments.
- Provide a professional, high level of customer service for all visitors in line with the client requirements.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal grooming, as per company policy, at all times.
- Ensure that all security protocols are adhered to, especially those relating to visitor safety during opening times and the integrity of the building during out of hours.
- Deal with any telephone enquiries in a prompt; courteous and professional manner and ensure that any issues are escalated in the correct manner.
- Ensure that the Front of House and Stage Door Desk is kept clean and tidy and take appropriate action to ensure that all spillages etc; are promptly dealt with by the cleaning contractor.
- Ensure that all maintenance issues are reported and recorded as per site instruction.
- Ensure an efficient handover with the Security team at the start and close of your shift.
- Where necessary, liaise with Security Admin or consult the client's access control software to authenticate Rights of Access.
- To prevent unauthorised access into the building
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with occupiers; their clients and visitors.
- Obtain a good knowledge of the local area amenities with- in a 1 mile radius.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate to the post by the Building Management and the client.
- Conduct regular checks of the Front of House area pay particular attention to any suspicious packages and visitors.
- Be aware of the procedure to be adopted should a suspicious package be discovered.
- To prevent and detect any fire; water leaks or potential safety hazards.
- Ensure that all fire exits and portable fire fighting equipment, in your area is not impeded by obstructions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Essential)
- IT Literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Package (Essential)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (Essential)
- A valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence (Essential)
- First Aid qualified (Desirable)
- Excellent punctuality and time management
- Must be able to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to treat all staff and visitors in a confident and professional manner
- Pay rate: £9.28 per hour
- Shift pattern: Contracted various 20 hours per week minimum
- Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.