Requisition ID: |
The Senior Network Engineer is a member of the Central Network and Technical Services group. This team is responsible for all aspects of enterprise network engineering services, including WAN, LAN and Datacenter Network design and standards as well as gateway technologies such as outbound access to Internet and inbound access to applications hosted in datacenters.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the following duties and activities:
- Lead implementation and design projects in a global environment with team members in many countries around the world
- Provide regular status updates and metrics of work and projects
- Design, implement and support network designs that meet security guidelines and follow industry standards and best practices
- Follow Change Management procedures and adhere to security guidelines
- Troubleshoot application and network performance issues in a multi-vendor environment with key elements of the architecture provided by Cisco, Juniper, PaloAlto, Riverbed, F5 and others
- Create and maintain operational standards, procedures and diagrams
- Provide third level technical support for complex connectivity and application access issues
- Provide occasional off-hours support
- Recommend Standards based as well as proprietary solutions to complex networking requirements based on fitness for purpose and lifecycle cost, not single vendor approach
- Work with technology vendors to improve overall network performance and reliability
Additional Qualifications & Information
- Bachelors degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related curriculum of study
- 9+ years experience in IT Network Operations, with knowledge of and experience configuring network equipment and supporting user/application connectivity requirements
- 2+ recent years experience with either Juniper SRX or PaloAlto firewalls
- Ability to analyze complex connectivity and application problems to find root cause of failure
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and complex infrastructures
- Advanced understanding of routing protocols and standards including BGP, OSPF and PIM and knowledge of proprietary protocols like EIGRP and DMVPN
- Advanced understanding of Layer 2 Switching technologies including STP, Port-Channel, VTP, VPC, VSS etc.
- Experience analyzing traffic flows looking for performance issues with tools like WireShark
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. Bechtel is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.