|Job Ref:||203277789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Shropshire||Address:||Post Code:||SY9||Salary:||£32500 - £37050/annum Includes shift allowances||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
Night Shift Maintenance Engineer|
Based in Shropshire
Job ref: KS/33299
Salary: £32,500 to £37,050 per annum (including shift allowance)
Night shift: 9.30pm to 6am - Sunday and 10pm to 6am - Monday to Thursday
- We are seeking a multi skilled Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our team.
- You will be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance for a variety of machines from additive manufacturing, CNC and injection moulding machines and for the general upkeep of the building.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in working with injection moulding machines or hydraulics and CNC machines and you must have a 17th Edition Wiring Regulation qualification.
- The role will appeal to an individual capable of working in a fast paced environment. You will have the initiative to approach challenges with enthusiasm and the ability to react to rapid changes in prioritisation whilst maintaining a clear focus on the company objectives.
- You will be computer literate and have exceptional time management, communication and problems solving skills are a must.
Position Purpose: Preventative and reactive maintenance of all machines and the general maintenance of the building.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance of all production equipment on site to include CNC mills, injection moulding machines, tool room equipment, ancillaries and others machines/equipment where required.
- Carry out root cause analysis to pre-empt potential equipment failure.
- Carry out planned maintenance on all equipment and record details on a Maintenance software system
- Liaise with production for down time slots to carry out repairs.
- Source new parts.
- Respond to daily break downs and record details on a Maintenance software system
- General maintenance of the building and surroundings.
- Recommend and implement improvements to reduce down time.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Able to be licensed to operate forklift, pallet jack, overhead crane hoist, cherry pickers, scissor lifts etc. - we will train.
- Able to safely operate hand held and stationary power tools.
- Able to work safely with sharp and heavy objects.
- Physical job requirements, reaching, bending, and grasping and working in confined spaces.
- Able to use a computer (familiar with Microsoft packages) and Maintenance software packages
- Able to read and write in English, and do basic arithmetic.
- Able to read and translate hydraulic drawings.
- Able to read and translate electrical drawings.
- Good time management essential and able to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be punctual and have good attendance.
- Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience as maintenance engineer within an injection moulding and/or CNC milling working environment.
- Previous experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Vocational qualifications preferred.
- 16th or 17th Edition Wiring regulations certificate preferred.
Work Environment: Nonsmoking; production; eye protection & safety shoes required.
Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work to be done. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required