Global Cybersecurity Monitoring Analyst |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate IT Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech
solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Global Cybersecurity Monitoring Analyst.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Responsible for defining information security policies and procedures; ensures all information and data on computer systems is protected and all networks and computer systems are adequately secure to prevent unauthorized access; investigates potential security breaches and recommends corrective actions to resolve and/or prevent reoccurrences; responsible for promoting IT security awareness.
- Performs event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system [IDS] logs) within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Analyzes identified malicious activity and determines appropriate course of action in response to identified and analyzed anomalous network activity.
- Analyzes existing processes, standards, policies and/or equipment and makes process improvement recommendations to managers ensuring compliance with laws, standards and policies while managing business risks.
- Develops positive relationships with other business and IT functions involved in security and privacy matters.
- Provides Information Security guidance to IT project teams and awareness throughout the organization.
- Performs root cause analysis, and makes recommendations on changes for review by others.
- Makes recommendations to enhance performance and improve security and privacy protection measures.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable policies, regulations, and compliance documents.
- Verifies that application software/network/system security postures are implemented as stated, documents deviations, and recommends required actions to correct those deviations.
- Collects intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, trojans) and uses discovered data to enable mitigation of potential incidents within the enterprise.
- Trouble-shoots moderately complex issues with existing security and privacy protection protocols.
- Performs technical (evaluation of technology) and non-technical (evaluation of people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments of relevant technology focus areas (e.g., local computing environment, network and infrastructure, and supporting infrastructure).
- Manages and administers the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, anti-virus, and content blacklists) for sp ecialized cyber defense applications.
- Conducts and/or supports authorized penetration testing on enterprise network assets.
- Assess Solutions Against Established Standards - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Audit Methodologies - The ability to inspect and evaluate an assertion of fact using a mixture of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques. The ability to apply such techniques using appropriate judgment to produce accurate and consistent conclusions regardless of the nature of assertions being evaluated.
- Risk Management - The identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated response to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate future events.
- Investigation - Able to lead a systematic and thorough process to learn the facts about something complex or hidden.
- Troubleshooting - Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
- Research - Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college/university
4 years of combined cybersecurity and IT experience
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
Compensation and Benefits
- • Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Responsible for ensuring visibility of threats/attacks to the confidentiality, integrity,and availability of customer, business unit and corporate information. You will be a primary identifier of events requiring investigation, and you'll be responsible for determining impacts as well as executing response remediation's when required. You will maintain timely knowledge of the evolving threat landscape and partner with the other members of the Global Cybersecurity Operations team to ensure cohesive awareness of threats and incident response,as well as maintaining a collaborative relationship with other departments who support our Cybersecurity Program.
- Analyze information from various sources including network-based security controls and host-based security controls
- Analyze events and escalate to incidents as needed
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate incidents
- Aggregate and correlate alerts from systems to provide context and root cause analysis
- Document instigation, incidents,and recommendations
- Monitor and investigate network and system events to preemptively determine attack s
- Identify attack vectors and mitigation tactics
- Subject matter expert on security related issues
- Performs other duties as requested
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. NA
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website