|Job Ref:||204672337||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
Project Engineer - Based Central London - For A Major Main Contractor - Offer: Negotiable (Dependent On Experience.)|
Our client is an award winning main contractor that has a current turnover of £450 Million. They have 4 divisions and are one of the UK's most successful privately owned businesses. They work across a variety of market sectors with projects ranging from Student Accommodation & Residential to Commercial and leisure projects. They specialise in new build, refurbishment and fit out projects for major blue chip customers. Clients include Essential Living, Grosvenor Estates, Knight Dragon Developments, Amazon, etc.
The project is situated in Central London and has a value of circa £45 Million. A Major Shell & Core Cut and Carve scheme with 2 floors of Cat A fit out.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer who has valuable experience at working on projects at this magnitude.
The engineer will be joining the company on a freelance basis. Ideally candidates need to have worked on major projects, have dealt with the Fit Out and envelope Packages. It is preferable for the candidate to have attained a degree in engineering.
• Keep an eye on all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
• Review Drawings Interpret clients' requirements
• Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented
• Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within a schedule
• Daily operations of field work activities and organising subcontractors
• coordination of the implementation of a project:
• ensuring it is being built correctly
• Project schedules and forecasts
• Review of engineering deliverables;
• Redlining drawings;
• Regular project status reports;
• Liaising with Architects, Structural Engineers and the Project Manager
What they are offering:
The offering is negotiable (dependant on experience) and the initial contract will run until the end of November/ Beginning of December. After this, they would be looking to move the candidate onto a new project and would either look at taking them on permanently or on a long term contract. Obviously, this will all be based on performance.
We are currently shortlisting for interview now with a start as soon as possible