|Job Ref:||204672538||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Isle Of Wight||City:||Isle of Wight||Address:||Post Code:||PO35||Salary:||£65000/annum plus benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
Our client specialises in Retail, Student Accommodation and Commercial Projects.
• Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts
• Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen
• Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials
• Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (hse) are adhered to
• Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
• Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce
• Reporting to Project Director
• Client Liaison
• Sub-contractor management
• Chairing progress meetings
• Liaison with Design Team
• Project delivery
• Must have CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Confident and competent presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of building regulations, NHBC standards and H&S legislation
• Trades background or professional qualified background
• Proven track record working for a main contractor
• Would-be construction managers need to be forward planners, with exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate. Good problem solving skills are essential. IT is increasingly important for managers working on site and in the office, so building up skills in this area is vital.
• Food retail experience needed