|Job Ref:||204673029||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£45696 - £56562/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:06|
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Building Control Surveyor. This role is home based covering South London, South East, Kent, Sussex and Surrey area. You will be on a full time, permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £45,696 - £56,562 per annum.|
Everyone wants a great place to live in - and here's your opportunity to play a key role in making sure people get exactly that. Working in a multidisciplinary environment there is certainly plenty of variety: you'll be giving expert technical advice and carrying out building regulation assessments delivering on our mission of driving up standards of new homes.
As our Principal Building Control Surveyor you will be working from home, you can also look forward to real flexibility, plus an excellent work/life balance. You will enjoy a high level of responsibility as well as autonomy but with the full support of a dedicated management network.
NHBC is continuing its ambitious growth programme. Due to continued expansion and internal promotions, this opportunity has now become available.
What will I be responsible for as our Principal Building Control Surveyor?
Take responsibility for the assessment of building regulation and warranty applications for larger residential developments and associated non-residential uses typically over 11 metres high. Negotiate with developers, builders and their professional advisors, from initial design to completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control and warranty in accordance with relevant regulations/NHBC Standards. Responsibility for the co-ordination of building control inspections, issue of Final Certificates, site and type approvals and resolving problems relating to Initial Notices/Final certification. Manage the Building Regulation and warranty risk aspects by supporting inspection and surveying staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements or features of building work, the identification / communication of key inspection stages and review of progress. Surveying and assessing buildings and proposals for suitability for Buildmark Conversions cover, including the provision of advice, preparation of reports and offers/refusals of insurance cover. Deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers as required. Assist with the preparation of management reports and staff development including training, coaching and mentoring of surveying and senior surveying staff as required.
What do I need to bring?
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution (RICS, CABE, CIOB).
- Extensive experience in the construction industry with relevant experience in Building Control.
- Experience of plan appraisal of residential developments and associated non-residential uses.
- Understanding of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair.
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
- IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programs.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal and presentational skills.
Benefits of becoming our Principal Building Control Surveyor
- £45,696 - £56,562 (dep. on experience, home postcode and inc. remote worker allowance)
- Up to 6% bonus
- Company car
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary
- Partially funded private medical insurance
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme
If you feel you would be a success as our Principal Building Control Surveyor then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities in all fields