|Job Ref:||204673205||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£17.50 - £20.00/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:06|
Company Profile: |
Operating from a network of offices throughout England and Wales, the Building division has experience and expertise in all sectors, particularly health and education.
Negotiated opportunities with existing clients are testament to our successful approach to partnering, and our success on frameworks such as P21+ demonstrates our long term vision for being present in sectors where we can add value through past experience.
• The role of the Facilities Manager (Electrical) is to manage all elements assigned to them in a professional and safe manner.
• The role will involve responsibility for the establishment and administration of working processes, planned and reactive maintenance regimes, health and safety management and support to the Coventry hospital operation, asset & commercial teams are all key parts of the role.
• Reporting to the Senior Electrical Manager, the role will involve coordinating internal functions associated with the PFi operation around the Electrical Services operation, ensuring they comply with PFI contractual SLA's, supporting the compliant delivery of planned and reactive maintenance works.
• Management of subordinate electrical Estate Managers, Supervisors, Shift Team and trade operatives is a requirement of the role ensuring their development, competencies and activities are as required by the operation.
• Perform Authorised Person Duties & participate in the duty on call schedule as required Key Deliverables;
• Develop and deliver policies and strategies for the management, maintenance and control of all electrical services within the facilities.
• Develop a compliant planned maintenance schedule for the HV & LV electrical assets, establishing what element is to be self-delivered by the workforce and what element is to be delivered via specialist contractors.
• Ensure compliance with all healthcare estate statutory, contractual, HBN and HTM requirements.
• Have an advisory design input on capital projects and lifecycle works.
• Specifically responsible for High Voltage generation and distribution systems, Low Voltage distribution & UPS systems, Lighting, nurse call & security systems, Fire detection and suppression systems and interfaces with other building systems as appropriate.
• Liaise with stakeholders and contractors to ensure services are delivered to plan and approved cost.
• Review all documentation, Reports and Certification for accuracy prior to issue.
• Provide regular briefings to the Operations Manager/Project Director on progress against plan or program.
• Attend and actively participate in Meetings.
• Provide information for Monthly Reports and as required.
• Provide Technical Reports on electrical system issues and lead on any associated defects.
• Obtain costs from sub-contractors to deliver the contracted service and acting as the responsible person and point of contact for sub-contractors associated with the electrical assets.
• Act as focal point for AE Audits of electrical systems
• Manage and Supervise all labour associated with delivering the service
• Act as Co-ordination AP HV & LV systems.
• Appoint sufficient Competent Persons to deliver the service
• Ensure that all necessary training and refresher training is planned and delivered with minimal service impact
• Manage and Maintain all records associated with delivering the service ensuring faults are repaired in time
• Establish and deliver audit strategies to ensure all areas of the estate are fully compliant with statutory requirements.
• Utilise the BMS as a key tool in controlling and monitoring the electrical plant.
• Ensure subordinate staff have their annual performance reviews, appraisals and training requirements set
• Current enhanced DBS required