|Job Ref:||204673360||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bangor||Address:||Post Code:||BT20||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:06|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor x 2|
Vacancy 1) Preston Brook - Regular travel to site through the week (London, Scotland, Midlands)
Vacancy 2) Bangor - Regular travel to site through the week (London, Scotland, Midlands)
As a growing Commercial team, delivering ever exciting projects across the country, we have some really exciting opportunities for commercially astute Assistant Quantity Surveyors! Are you looking for a new challenge to expand your construction knowledge with one of the sector's leading Developers?
With innovative design coupled with tried and tested methods, our Quantity Surveyors are working on large market leading student accommodation projects that are built to the highest standard.
Working closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor on site, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop and work closely with our subcontractors and other key stakeholders.
Of course, being a successful Quantity Surveyor means you'll have to be on site, so don't put any plans in your diary between Tuesday and Thursday, as you could be in Aberdeen or London!
Duties will include the following but are not limited to:
1. Measure material/quantities required for site by analysing drawings
2. Liaise with subcontractors for quotations
3. Compare prices from different elements of the work
4. Chase subcontractors for prices
5. Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value
6. Pass quotation costs to Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback
7. Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality
8. Monitor and review quotations and costs and where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality
9. Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues
10. Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues
* Working towards achieving education/ qualifications to a level of NVQ 4, Degree, HND or equivalent experience.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
* Good time management skills and assertiveness
In recognition of the hard work and dedication from you, we will offer you market leading benefits as follows;
* A competitive salary plus benefits dependent on experience
* A company car or own vehicle allowance
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Life Assurance - 3x salary death in service
* A generous company Pension
* Medicash Health Plan Scheme
* Early Friday finish at 3.30pm