|Job Ref:||204673907||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£23000 - £30000/annum package||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:07|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor |
£23,000 - £30,000 + package per annum
My client is a highly regarded, new build, residential developer who have a number of projects across the North West. Due to the consistent success and growth of the business, they are now looking to appoint an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial department in Preston.
This company specialise in new build homes and have a number of active sites as well as a secured pipeline of work. They pride themselves on organic growth which means there is an excellent chance for career progression within the business, especially with how busy they are at the moment.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of working in the commercial department of a construction / house building company however this is not essential. They must be ambitious, self-driven with excellent communication, organisation and IT skills and have the ability to converse and build relationships at all levels.
Main duties will include but not limited to;
- Assist the commercial team in carrying out their normal commercial and contractual duties, and assisting the operational management team where required.
- Assist with the submission of the external client valuations
- Support the management of sub-contractors
- Provide commercial support where required and as directed
- Support in preparing data required to complete commercial reports
- Support the commercial team in all aspects of subcontract procurement and payments
- Processing of meeting minuets and drafting of letters where required
- General office and administration duties
- Assisting in the production of subcontract orders and issuing to subcontractors
Applicants should ideally have;
- Relevant construction industry experience is preferred
- Construction related qualification is preferred but not essential to the right individual depending on experience
- Good understanding of construction methods and procurement
- Excellent organisation skills
- An ability to manage deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Keen to develop and build lasting relationships with the teams and supply chain
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office
- Ability to take meeting minuets
- Excellent administration skills
- Current UK valid driving license (essential)
- Own transport (ideal, not essential)
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who would like to progress further in their career. With an attractive salary package and career progression within the business, please get in touch if you would like further information.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Philip O'Connor, call today on (Apply online only) or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy