|Job Ref:||204674074||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£36000 - £42000/annum pension + additional benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:07|
Senior Structural BIM Technician - Bristol £36,000 - £42,000 + Package|
We are now looking for an experienced CAD technician to join an established and highly regarding civil and structural consultancy with a large team in Bristol. Projects include some high profile local projects as well as structures nationally. Sectors covered include; education, healthcare, residential and range in value up to £200m. This business has offices across the country and with a contemporary and refreshing image is able to provide a pleasant and modern working environment.
This role will involve the following:
- Working with the other members of the design team to produce 3D models for building structures
- Liaising with clients, architects, building services engineers and other professionals outside the company
- Take responsibility for checking own work and work produced by others, including external consultants, sub-consultants and contractors
- Complete work to agreed timescales, programme and budgetary constraints.
- Carry out site inspections and measured surveys when required.
- Motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good communicator with an excellent understanding of the design process
Candidates from a structural background would be preferred along with the following experience:
- Preferably ONC or HNC or Equivalent in Building Structures or Civil Engineering
- Design office experience
- Experience working with building structure projects in the UK
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Experience in Revit an advantage
- Experience of working with steelwork, masonry, timber & reinforced concrete
- Experience in refurbishment and new build
This role comes with a highly competitive salary of £36,000 - £42,000 + package and is an excellent opportunity to take a crucial role in a design practice and gain experience with cutting edge software