|Job Ref:||204674284||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£0 - £350/day||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:07|
Working on behalf of a local authority, Aatom Recruitment are looking for a Technical Services Manager. They are looking for individuals with good experience of working within the field of asset management, and crucially with the ability to effectively coordinate and monitor multiple programmes of work, and communications between project leads, teams and clients. In addition, it is essential that you have experience of working within either a construction or property related field. You will be an excellent communicator with good organisational skills; you will work well with people, and will have the ability to take instructions and effectively follow them through to completion, and to a high standard. You will also be organised, solutions focused and comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and delivering results. This will be on a three monthly rolling basis commencing ASAP, the day rate is £350 Ltd for 36 hour working week. |
Responsible for the planning and managing site Health and Safety in the delivery of all planned works programmes for all corporate and domestic property within the Council's asset base; providing support in the development of project proposals to meet the pre-requisite quality and value for money criteria through continuously improved performance and efficiency of consultants and contractors.
A member of a commercially driven team, managing multi projects across the borough to deliver an improved return on significant assets working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve improved value for money and significant savings for the Department.
Responding to an evolving work programme subject to demand, priorities and unforeseen activities/events.
Support, demonstrate and propagate new ways of working and actively participate in implementing organisational change within the Residents Services directorate and across the Council as a whole
1 People Management
* No direct supervisory responsibility however may be requirement to assist in induction and training of team members, other colleagues and new employees.
* Support a culture that ensures a reputation for innovation, creativity and development.
* Leading monthly on site project meetings with various contractors across all project locations
* Ensure compliance with key policy and procedure in areas such as health & safety, equalities and diversity and other statutory requirements.
* Develop and manage good co-operative working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including multi contractors and residents across a number of different schemes on behalf of the directorate
* Undertake Section 20 leaseholder consultation and general resident liaison as required
1 Resident & Community Contribution
* To demonstrate understanding of the Council's Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of 'putting our residents first'.
* Promote the development of a customer centred culture within the service.
* Represent the department by attending working groups and other meetings as directed.
1 Operational Service Delivery
* Prepare information on specific projects with regards to The Construction (Design & Management) (CDM) Regulations 2007.
* Inspect the contractors' post tender Health & Safety file to ensure compliance with CDM Regulations 2007.
* Proactively identify and manage risks that may impact on the successful outcome of planned capital work programmes.
* Provide technical input and guidance in the development of clear specifications for works to ensure that works and services procured are in accordance with the Councils requirements.
* Support in the selection of delivery partners, including consultants and contractors so that objectives are achieved and procedures complied with.
* Ensure the completion of relevant contract administration in a compliant and timely way with supplier performance reviews, reports and meetings clearly documented and recorded.
* Develop, implement and monitor good management practices in respect of site health & safety.
* Ensure that all statutory and compliance obligations are formally documented and implemented through the Council's risk management systems.
* Maintain cross functional links throughout the Development and Assets Team providing advice as required in considering all relevant legislation, regulations including CDM and Health and Safety aspects.
* Maintain regular and accurate reporting to the Manager Building Services, identifying potential risks to project delivery and taking appropriate remedial action.
* Engage with stakeholders to ensure delivery within the allocated budgets, contracted timescales and performance in respect of quality and specification requirements.
* Meet and communicate directly with key stakeholders of all programmes on a routine basis to ensure they are kept up-to-date with project progress and have the opportunity to feed back any concerns or issues.
Please forward CV for immediate consideration