|Job Ref:||204670187||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£30000 - £33000/annum benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:07|
We are currently working alongside a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield who provide a number of services and solutions to the construction sectors. Due to continued growth and demand for their products and services they are now looking to appoint a continuous improvement engineer.|
The role will primarily involve working alongside their existing Operational Excellence Manager, plant managers and other key managers, to drive and facilitate a wide range of operational improvement Initiatives using Lean principles across our facilities in Sheffield and Deeside, North Wales.
Based in Sheffield you should expect at times to spend 1-2 days per week at their facility in Deeside as and when projects demand. Some overseas travel may also be required from time to time.
The main duties include:
* Working with team managers to identify opportunities for improvement using a variety of tools such as VSM, KPI's etc.
* Working with a variety of operational teams including manufacturing, purchasing and sales order processing, to provide project leadership, coaching and lasting performance improvement.
* Apply Lean principles such as Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, 5 Whys and visual management etc. to implement and sustain improvement activities.
* Train, coach and mentor teams to promote and instil Lean processes throughout the operation.
* Gather and analyse accurate information to facilitate effective decision-making.
* Facilitate change by maintaining excellent two-way communication with employees collectively via regular team briefings.
* Initiate capex proposals to support change from concept through feasibility to implementation.
* Ensure our ERP system is effectively utilised to support the business needs.
* Promote customer service excellence at all times.
* Ensure compliance with all EH&S systems and procedures.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
* A degree most likely in an engineering discipline, with MINIMUM 5 years post-grad experience.
* A recognised qualification or demonstrable experience in implementing Lean / 6 Sigma.
* A successful track record of change and process improvement.
* Customer focused and target driven
* Ability to identify solutions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement.
* Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
* An effective verbal and written communicator all levels of the organisation.
* Ability to coach and train others in Lean techniques.
* A self-motivated problem solver
* Excellent ERP and data analysis skills and experience.
* Possess excellent H&S awareness.
* Driving Licence.
Beyond this, the following are a list of desirable skills / abilities:
* Knowledge of metal fabrication, machining and forming processes.
* Supervisory / Management experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
* Ability to use AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of Movex ERP system.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and data analysis
Beyond the aforementioned, we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual. In return the company are offering a secure, progressive and measurable career opportunity. If you would like any further details relating to this exciting opportunity, then please contact David at Davinci for an informal discussion. The services advertised by Davinci are those of an employment agency