|Job Ref:||204670604||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:08|
Our major client is recruiting for a Design Co-ordinator to join their successful company and manage permanent and temporary works designs for live projects and tenders.|
Key Job Purpose:
To manage the design process focussing on efficiency and buildability, liaise with tender and project teams and ensure the design process is both adhered to and followed impeccably throughout the design process.
* Ensuring a design programme is prepared and agreed with each designer.
* Incorporating the design programme into the main programme.
* Meeting with designers on a regular basis to ensure the design is developing as planned.
* Ensuring the design is managed in accordance with the relevant quality procedures.
* Providing design input as required for tender submissions.
* Liaising with clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and third parties as appropriate.
* Providing technical input and advice as required for live projects and tenders.
* Preparing programmes where required, including tender, design, construction and Variation / Compensation Event programmes.
* Coordinating the design of temporary works and where appropriate design elements of temporary works with attention to details.
* Providing construction methodology input and incorporating in the programme where required.
* Managing the flow of information from the design team and advising the project team of any impact on progress and programme.
* Introducing improvements and innovations where appropriate.
* Liaising with the Commercial and Project Management teams on commercial aspects relevant to the role as required
Please be aware only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this position