|Job Ref:||204671453||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:08|
CIVILS ESTIMATOR (Rail)|
Date Posted: 21st September 2016
Our Ref: TUSP/CE/2109
Seeking a new challenge?
Do you have previous estimating experience?
Hold a strong knowledge within civil engineering?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an estimator to join a leading construction company with 25 years' experience in the UK market specialising in Rail infrastructure. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to become part of some fantastic and prestigious projects.
• Prepare estimates for project pursuits, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating
• Write detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by project delivery
• Liaising with project teams including design, construction and planning to ensure the most cost effective methods are utilised
• Liaise and negotiate with end clients to ascertain the exact requirements for estimates and understanding budget constraints
• Continuous support during construction stage and assisting / undertaking the costing of variations and identifying change to the contract scope
• Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of technical, contractual and commercial developments and continually seeking to win contracts through negotiation, single tender action or by alternative solutions
• Knowledge of all types of civil projects in particular rail stations, platforms, extensions, bridges, tunnels & concrete structures
• Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
• A background within the rail industry would be preferred
• Strong communication skills
• Strong commercial awareness and commitment to achieving deadlines
If you are interested in this role, please apply online. If you would like to discuss this role further, please call our recruitment team on (Apply online only)